Ensenada Outreach Center - YUGO

Forming One Body - Building One Community

for pre-arrival videos please go to 
Aug 3, 2007

AGAPE

Posted by *Steph-abulous*

Agape - "Agape is disinterested love. … Agape does not begin by discriminating between worthy and unworthy people, or any qualities people possess. It begins by loving others for their sakes. … It springs from the need of the other person."
Love.
Before coming here to EOC, I never realized how easy it is to love someone. For example, two weeks ago I was invited by another intern to visit a family in which she had built their house a few years ago with her church group. I stepped out of the van, walked over to their front gate to be greeted by this little girl with her arms stretched out, about to give me a big hug. Here i am, a random stranger to this girl... yet she greets me with a hug, and a kiss on the cheek. Love. It can happen so easily between any two people. From any walks of life. Doing missionary work here has opened up that concept for me.
Back at home, in Canada, I had a different idea of what love was. I had to of known that person for a long period of time, I had to know their life story, had to have complete trust in them.. etc etc... Now if you've ever gone to Sunday school, a Christian retreat, or even church... you'll know how much God wants us to simply love each other.. Just as we are. I never really "got it" until this summer... I never understood fully how to love your neighbor.. until now. It's so simple. How and why do we make it more difficult than that? God wants us to love each other.. as brothers and sisters in Christ.. but we seem to limit how much we give out our love.
Doing this internship really brought out a piece of me that i didn't know existed. I don't know how else to put it.. But this summer i am more fired up about what God has to offer than ever before..
God has shown me true AGAPE.


0 comments: