Ensenada Outreach Center - YUGO

Forming One Body - Building One Community

for pre-arrival videos please go to 
Jul 3, 2008

It's all coming back to me...

Posted by Rho

I've been back at EOC for just under 2 weeks now and it's all coming back to me again.
Remembering the joys and craziness of hosting 180 people at the camp...
Remembering the beauty of community, despite all its diversity...
Remembering the longs days...
Remembering the aroma of Pablanos tacos (now filling our very own courtyard every Tuesday night!)...
Remembering the passion and talents of the staff I get to work alongside...
Remembering the transformations I get to watch in the groups that come through...
Remembering the holy moments of the house dedications(and remembering how emotional those moments are too!)...
Remembering the poverty... but also remembering the people and stories behind the poverty...
Remembering the purpose I feel when I am here at the EOC...

It's been a bit of a blur, jumping back into my role but it's all coming back to me.
We are in full summer swing around here - full house, growing intern staff, new opportunities and challenges! I look forward to continuing to be reminded of why God called me here for this season of my life... and also look forward to all the new surprises and learnings along the way.

0 comments: