Ensenada Outreach Center - YUGO

Forming One Body - Building One Community

for pre-arrival videos please go to 
Aug 3, 2008

the joy of the Lord is my strength

Posted by red

as i sit and look back at the last seven weeks, i get tears in my eyes. i think of the number of mexican families who are now sitting in their very own living room, i think of the hundreds of american and canadian lives transformed by the seven days they spent down here. i hear the laughter of the campers in the courtyard and the laughter of my house mates in the living room. my heart feels joyful. i feel God moving in every direction. He's teaching me how to be patient. He's giving me comfort as i let go of my future and lay it into His hands. He's shown me an innumerable amount of grace on those many mornings when i reluctantly wake up, questioning whether or not that "headache" or "stomach ache" will be able to last long enough to legitimately keep me in bed or those crazy mornings in the kitchen when it seems like the pile of dirty dishes never stops coming. but in those moments more than anything else... even when it seems like the day will never end and every step i take requires prayer ...He's filling my heart with joy. Its a kind of joy that words cant describe. Its being tired, thirsty and sore but still feeling happy. i feel God placing a joy in my heart that i cant explain. He's changing my life a little more everyday. He's proving that my joy, that my happiness, my future and my life arent really mine at all. everything is His. my strength can only come from Him...its the joy of the Lord.

0 comments: