Ensenada Outreach Center - YUGO

Forming One Body - Building One Community

for pre-arrival videos please go to 
Jul 13, 2007

FLOOD

Posted by Sarrisimo

Wow! Last week was an awesome week. The Jr. high, high school and college group came down from my church. It was such a rewarding week. For some of the kids this was their first visit to Mexico and for all of them this was a touching experience. I was so blessed to see some of the kids that I used to babysit and watch grow up and do something so awesome for God. I was just so proud of my group. They all came prepared both mentally and spiritually. Before they even arrived in Mexico they were already so connected, all thanks to Nick Bradley of course. They understood what they came down here to do and did it with such enthusiasm and ready hearts.
I recall some of the leaders and some of the kids commending me for coming down here and living here as a missionary but I cant help to think how much more those kids are servants than me. They came down here with servants hearts not only to serve the families they came to build for but also each other. Not once did I ever hear a complaint from any of their mouths. Just watching them that week I was so humbled. Just to see their lives being touched by God was such an honor.
The last night they were here was one of the best. We all went to the beach and sat in a circle around a fire. One person would sit closer to the fire, in the middle of the circle and everyone in the circle would say encouraging words about this person. It was amazing to see so many people say such nice things about everyone. God was definitely moving amongst those kids. He was changing lives that night.
I was just so blessed to be able to share that week with them. I wouldn't have traded that time for anything in the world. I know that God will bless them immensely.
(Poke 'em in the face!)

0 comments: