Ensenada Outreach Center - YUGO

Forming One Body - Building One Community

for pre-arrival videos please go to 
Jul 14, 2007

todo bien en el barrio

Posted by Rho

hola from a newbie Canadian staff here at EOC. It's the 2 week anniversary of the three Ontario-ites that joined the staff team here. My role is a pretty sweet one - host the groups; connect with the groups, leaders, youth; lead chapels & worship; a 'go-to' gal; hang out and mentor some incredibly fantastic interns, and a favorite - cruise around to the sites with mi amigo Marvin as he takes video... It's really a pretty awesome job!

So i get to see so many different sides of this rich ministry. Leading chapel, I get to see youth worship and draw close to God. Hanging out with interns & staff, I am reminded of what Christ centered community is all about. Chatting with our national workers, I am humbled and inspired everyday. And Thursday I was reminded of yet another reason why I was here.
It was dedication day, and I hadn't yet made it to a dedication of a house yet. I had incredible memories of this moment when I have brought teams down from my church, but had forgotten the power of that moment. Sitting off to the side, I was quickly overwhelmed seeing these young jr high kids attempt to find words to capture the moment.... watching a mother clutch her young child as she holds back tears of joy... praying with a pastor as he blesses their new home... catching a glimpse into a moment of that hope and future God promises his children (Jer 29:11).

so another week down and another showering down of God's love and power in and thru this place....
continue to lift up EOC in your prayers!

blessings
'mama rho'

1 comments:

t said...

Hey Hey. Working with you guys the last 2 weeks was great. I've started to upload the videos from our week up onto Youtube. I hope Marvin is ok with that!

http://www.youtube.com/RLCCVIDEOS

Follow that link and you can get there. Tell everyone I said what's up and that I hope to see them soon.

Doug Forehand
SMOV