Ensenada Outreach Center - YUGO

Forming One Body - Building One Community

for pre-arrival videos please go to 
Aug 21, 2007

Top Ten...

Posted by Rho

So I've spent the summer here at the EOC... hosting groups, mentoring interns, leading worship, plugging in here and there... and Im about to return back to Ontario, Canada next week. As I begin to attempt to articulate what Im going to miss most, it's next to impossible! What started as a lil' top ten list I wrote for my blog (www.rhosadventures.blogspot.com) the 10 reasons turned into 15... then 20... and im sure i could write an endless list of things I will miss around here...


It's been quite the journey! Im sure I'll share something a bit more substantial in the days to come, but until now, take a look at this list and maybe you can remember a few of the wonders of Mexico as you read thru them - or maybe you'll be intrigued to come and see for yourself!



TOP 10 - no wait- TOP 20 REASONS

WHY I LOVE MEXICO AND WILL MISS IT SO MUCH...

20. Because 'todo bien en el barrio'!!!
19. Tuesday night games night! Obvi!
18. Beach bonfires. and fireworks. no wait. just the bonfires. the fireworks terrify me.
17. Driving around in my sweet ride - the 15passenger van! ah yeah!
16. Coca. from a bottle.
15. Meeting people from all over the States, Canada (go Yukon), and of coarse Mexico every week! How cool EH???
14. Attempting to learn Spanish...or smiling and nodding "si" (aka I have no idea what you just said!)
13. Worshiping with a chapel full of youth and adults everyday!
12. $5 Chinese Buffet!?! need i say more?
11. Watching "The office" after a long hard days work...
10. Taco stands on every corner sure beats Tim Hortons on every corner in my books! And alot cheaper too!
9. The simple smile of a child whose excited to see you even though you've never met them before....
8. Hearing 'you can do it sister' and other such encouragements every day - in broken English from my Mexican brothers!
7. At any turn catching breathtaking views of mountains and the ocean!
6. Grocery runs with Kimyco... and stop offs at Mi Ranchitos...and watching eva & jose bicker as they make us our food! (ok, i know that was three... but they go together!)
5. Jeep offroading everyday. With Marvin.
4. Getting to watch my interns grow and serve
3. Living in community.. a taste of the acts 2 church if you ask me...
2. Being a part of a real life 'extreme home makeover' every week. except cooler. and realer. and way more practical.
1. Living everyday with purpose and tangible opportunities to be the hands and feet of Christ in amazing ways with an amazing ministry!

1 comments:

Andrew Schrempf said...

Does he actually drive quicker now? He would always be like "Andrew, watch the children!" Mind you, there were no children there. He just doesn't like fast driving. I guess I am a traditional Edmontonian :D

Disclaimer: During my time in Mexico, I never hit any small, or large, children. Or adults. I did manage to hit a pole, but thats a different story... :D