Ensenada Outreach Center - YUGO

Forming One Body - Building One Community

for pre-arrival videos please go to 
Apr 2, 2008

Figuring it out...

Posted by Alli

My name is Allison and I am an intern at the EOC. I have been down here for two months, doing missions work, and I think I just figured out the most important part of it all.

Here I am, building houses, doing vacation bible schools, working with the groups that come down, trying to give it my all, trying to do my best. Don't get me wrong, doing the Lord's work is so important, and I praise God every day for what He is doing here. But maybe it was less about what I was doing than I thought. Maybe I was unsure about what the most important thing is.

But then I hugged Angelica as she stood in her new house with her family.
And I picked up Bernabel, and he wouldn’t let me put him down.
And I saw Alma's face when I reached for her hand.
And I got it.

It’s all about the love. There is nothing more to it than that.

It doesn’t matter that I can’t hammer a nail very well; it only matters that I try.
It doesn’t matter that I don’t understand everything that the children here say to me; it only matters that I listen.
It doesn’t matter that I am not perfect; it only matters that God can use me to show his love.

God is love, and all I could ever hope to be is a conduit for that love, for Him.

There are so many things that need to be done in the world today, so many things that need to change. But now, I think I finally know where to start. Whether it is here in Mexico, or back at home, or in the middle of some street somewhere; I just need to try to love everyone, because God loves everyone. If God can use me to show His love, then I am doing the best that I can.

It is all about the love; everywhere we go, and everything we do.

All you need is love.


0 comments: